SHE Newsletter 29
on 30th May 2016
Campaigners will be 'celebrating' Heathrow's 70th Birthday|
by releasing 70 'No 3rd Runway' balloons
12 noon, High St, Harmondsworth
outside the historic Five Bells Pub, UB7 0AQ.
For more information:- http://hacan.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Heathrows-70th-Birthday.pdf
- 70 'No 3rd Runway' birthday balloons will be released*
- There will be live music, a few speeches
- There will be free sandwiches and soft drinks
- Heathrow villagers will plant 783 small black planes to symbolize the minimum number of homes that will need to be demolished
- Maps provided for those who may want to walk (or if you bring your bike, cycle) to the Western end of the proposed 3rd runway
- Take a tour of Harmondsworth to see the historic village that would be knocked down
- The large black plane that was used on the recent 'Walking Backwards' March will also make an appearance
- And everyone is encouraged to bring a birthday present for Heathrow
which will be kept safe overnight and delivered to them on their official birthday the next day. I'm hearing reports of suitable presents already being bought:
Keep 'em coming!.
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- A toy demolition truck
- An alarm clock whose hands are stuck on 4.30am
- Mr Noisy
- A D-Lock
A fun event with a serious purpose
If you are free on Bank Holiday Monday,
come and join us!
Heathrow's official birthday is the next day but the Airport is expected to have a range of activities over the period in order to generate it favourable publicity.
Forth Coming Events:-
Thu 26th May 8pm - SHE Public Meeting on 3rd runway, St Matthews Church, High St, Yiewsley UB7 7QH
Sat 9th 1:30-5pm Hayes Carnival, Barra Hall Park, Hayes.
Thank you for your support.
News and updates on:-
Facebook: SHE Stop Heathrow Expansion
The centre-piece of the event will be 70 giant red balloons. Although they will be filled with helium, we will not be releasing them in to the air for environmental reasons, and because we want to use them again.